Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute December 2015 by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE Home Sales in Belle Creek held steady in December. There were 4 closed sales for the month of December, which included 2 town homes. This continued the normal seasonal slowing as people were focused on the holidays. The turnover rate in Belle
Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute December 2015
by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE
Home Sales in Belle Creek held steady in December. There were 4 closed sales for the month of December, which included 2 town homes. This continued the normal seasonal slowing as people were focused on the holidays.
- The turnover rate in Belle Creek for November was 12%. This number is a slight increase over November. This is a year-over-year comparison.
- Average Days on Market for all Belle Creek homes is 14. This number has dropped significantly since spring, but increased in fall and winter. It is still a strong sellers’ market in Belle Creek, but I believe the trend is continuing toward a more “even” market, and we will see time on market increase a bit.
- Average Days on Market for Cottage Style homes, under 1600 square feet, was 8 Days. Home owners with larger homes – 1900 square feet and up – have been selling in an average of 17 Days on Market. Again, this is a year-over-year comparison. What is interesting to note is that those homes that are currently under contract were on the market for an average of 35 Days before an offer was accepted.
- Average Sold Price for all homes was $279,558. The average sold price per square foot for all homes was $171. These numbers continue to increase on average. Cottage style homes sold for an average price of $256,403, while the larger style homes sold for $294,996 on average. We continue to see sales in the $300,000 and higher range, which is a welcome change over previous years.
- Town home sales are seeing a comeback. There were 2 town homes sold in December, after an average of 7 Days on Market. The average sold price was $186,188, or $140 per square foot. While these numbers have decreased since November, I believe that is because one of the town homes sold was a bank owned property.
There are currently 2 town homes available in Belle Creek and 1 detached home. There are 2 detached homes under contract, and 1 town home under contract.
*It is important to note that these stats are year over year comparisons.
Be sure that if you are selling your property that it is show ready, move-in ready, and priced properly. If you have been thinking about making a move, be sure to consult with a Realtor who specializes in your neighborhood. Every situation is different – so call Jennifer Prestwich at 720-341-5235 to discuss whether now is a good time to make your move!