Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute January 2016 by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE Home Sales in Belle Creek held steady in December. There were 5 closed sales for the month of January, which included 1 town home. This is a slight improvement over December’s sales, and is a good start for 2016 The turnover rate in Belle
Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute January 2016
by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE
Home Sales in Belle Creek held steady in December. There were 5 closed sales for the month of January, which included 1 town home. This is a slight improvement over December’s sales, and is a good start for 2016
- The turnover rate in Belle Creek for December was 12%. This number is the same as December, and is a year-over-year comparison.
- Average Days on Market for all Belle Creek homes is 15. This number represents the time frame from the day that it is actively listed to the date that the buyer and seller have a signed contract.
- Average Days on Market for Cottage Style homes, under 1600 square feet, was 9 Days. Home owners with larger homes – 1900 square feet and up – have been selling in an average of 18 Days on Market. Again, this is a year-over-year comparison. These numbers are a slight increase over December, although in both cases, the average DOM increased by 1 day.
- Average Sold Price for all homes was $282,603. The average sold price per square foot for all homes was $170. These numbers continue to increase on average. Cottage style homes sold for an average price of $259,309, while the larger style homes sold for $296,746 on average. We continue to see sales in the $300,000 and higher range, and I believe this trend will continue in the coming months.
- Town home sales are seeing a comeback. There was 1 town home sold in January, after 8 Days on Market. The sold price was $210,000, or $145 per square foot.
There is currently 1 town home available in Belle Creek and 1 detached home. There are 2 detached homes under contract, and 2 town homes under contract.
*It is important to note that these stats are year over year comparisons.
Be sure that if you are selling your property that it is show ready, move-in ready, and priced properly. If you have been thinking about making a move, be sure to consult with a Realtor who specializes in your neighborhood. Every situation is different – so call Jennifer Prestwich at 720-341-5235 to discuss whether now is a good time to make your move!