Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute April 2016 by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE Home Sales in Belle Creek picked up in April. There were 5 closed sales for the month of April, which included 2 town homes. Activity is picking up as the weather gets warmer! The turnover rate in Belle Creek for April was 10.1%. This
Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute April 2016
by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE
Home Sales in Belle Creek picked up in April. There were 5 closed sales for the month of April, which included 2 town homes. Activity is picking up as the weather gets warmer!
- The turnover rate in Belle Creek for April was 10.1%. This number is decreasing. What this means in this market is not that houses aren’t selling – it’s more that people are not listing their homes in Belle Creek in the first place! This is a year-over-year comparison, and may be for a couple of reasons. One is that people love Belle Creek and are staying put. Another is that would-be home sellers aren’t liking their odds – in such a robust sellers’ market, it is easy to sell your home, but not so easy to find a replacement home.
- Average Days on Market for all Belle Creek homes is 18. This number represents the time frame from the day that it is actively listed to the date that the buyer and seller have a signed contract.
- Average Days on Market for Cottage Style homes, under 1600 square feet, was 11 Days. Home owners with larger homes – 1900 square feet and up – have been selling in an average of 23 Days on Market. Again, this is a year-over-year comparison. These numbers are holding fairly steady, although they have increased slightly.
- Average Sold Price for all homes was $287,082. The average sold price per square foot for all homes was $176. These numbers continue to creep upward on average. Cottage style homes sold for an average price of $267,383, while the larger style homes sold for $299,930 on average. We continue to see sales in the $300,000 and higher range, and I believe this trend will continue in the coming warmer months.
- Town home sales are continuing to comeback. There were 2 town homes sold in April, with an average of 11 Days on Market. The average sold price was $192,357, or $145 per square foot.
There is currently 1 detached home available in Belle Creek. There is 1 detached home under contract, and 2 town homes under contract.
*It is important to note that these stats are year over year comparisons.
Be sure that if you are selling your property that it is show ready, move-in ready, and priced properly. If you have been thinking about making a move, be sure to consult with a Realtor who specializes in your neighborhood. Every situation is different – so call Jennifer Prestwich at 720-341-5235 to discuss whether now is a good time to make your move!