Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute May 2016 by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE Home Sales in Belle Creek dipped a bit in May. There were 2 closed sales for the month of May in Belle Creek. Buyers are still out in force, but sellers decided to pause as the end of the school year approached.
Belle Creek Monthly Market Minute May 2016
by Jennifer Prestwich REALTOR®, YCRE
Home Sales in Belle Creek dipped a bit in May. There were 2 closed sales for the month of May in Belle Creek. Buyers are still out in force, but sellers decided to pause as the end of the school year approached. With little to no inventory on the market, closings naturally declined.
- The turnover rate in Belle Creek for May was 9.6%. This number is still decreasing. What this means in this market is not that houses aren’t selling – it’s more that people are not listing their homes in Belle Creek in the first place! This is a year-over-year comparison, and may be for a couple of reasons. One is that people love Belle Creek and are staying put. Another is that would-be home sellers aren’t liking their odds – in such a robust sellers’ market, it is easy to sell your home, but not so easy to find a replacement home.
- Average Days on Market for all Belle Creek homes is 17. This number represents the time frame from the day that it is actively listed to the date that the buyer and seller have a signed contract.
- Average Days on Market for Cottage Style homes, under 1600 square feet, was 11 Days. Home owners with larger homes – 1900 square feet and up – have been selling in an average of 21 Days on Market. Again, this is a year-over-year comparison. These numbers are holding fairly steady, although the number of Days on Market decreased for larger homes.
- Average Sold Price for all homes was $291,950. The average sold price per square foot for all homes was $173. These numbers continue to creep upward on average. Cottage style homes sold for an average price of $266,482, while the larger style homes sold for $308,158 on average. The average sold price for the larger-style homes has finally broken the $300,000 mark.
- Town home sales are continuing to comeback. There was 1 town home sold in May, after only 8 Days on Market. This home sold for $200,000, or $147 per square foot.
There is currently 2 detached homes available in Belle Creek. There are 4 detached homes under contract, and 1 town home under contract.
*It is important to note that these stats are year over year comparisons.
Be sure that if you are selling your property that it is show ready, move-in ready, and priced properly. If you have been thinking about making a move, be sure to consult with a Realtor who specializes in your neighborhood. Every situation is different – so call Jennifer Prestwich at 720-341-5235 to discuss whether now is a good time to make your move!